Monday, November 8, 2010

Honey-Soy Broiled Salmon

Ah, back from Pittsburgh and boy do I need to catch up on my posts.

Thanks to the awfulness that is the Megabus, I did not get home until late last night (well technically this morning) so I haven't uploaded any pictures from my meals I've had in Pittsburgh just yet.

Although, looking through my pictures from this past weekend on my camera, I realized that I forgot to make a post on the recipe I tried out last week. The pictures of my Honey Soy Broiled Salmon didn't come out too good (I am in desperate need of a new camera) but boy did it taste good! Thank you Eatingwell.com- again!

I've been trying my best to avoid carbs and to have more of a variety of foods in my diet. I realized that fish is something I haven't had in a while and so I thought it would be a great time to incorporate some fish into my meal for the week! The recipe for the salmon follows:

---------------------------------------------------------
1 scallion, minced
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 pound center-cut salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds

Whisk scallion, soy sauce vinegar, honey and ginger in a medium bowl until the honey is dissolved. Place salmon in a sealable plastic bag, add 3 tablespoons of the sauce and refrigerate; let marinate for 15 minutes. Reserve the remaining sauce. Preheat broiler. Line a small baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Transfer the salmon to the pan, skinned-side down. (Discard the marinade.) Broil the salmon 4 to 6 inches from the heat source until cooked through, 6 to 10 minutes. Drizzle with the reserved sauce and garnish with sesame seeds.

---------------------------------------------------------


Voila! This recipe is great and very simple. I have to admit that I got completely grossed out from skinning the salmon, so I highly suggest that you buy your salmon already skinned to avoid the traumatic experience. I omitted the sesame seeds (because I was lazy) and it tasted fine. This recipe was very convenient and quick and had a ton of flavor. I ate it with some steamed cauliflower and brown rice on the side and it turned out to be a delicious and healthy meal. Quick and easy, this is a great recipe for those looking for a fulfilling meal that doesn't take long to make! Yum!

Difficulty: Easy
Time: 20 minutes
Taste: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment