Friday, January 28, 2011

Broiled Tilapia with Mustard Chive Sauce

Friday!!! This means a few things:
  • Trying to drive home to NY tonight with Zeus annoyingly trying to get free of his leash/trying to climb on my lap
  • Foxwoods with Sundar, Shaman, Schwartzy Bear and Asak!!!!!!
  • Fattening food.

I'm so excited for this weekend and I can't wait to try a new pizza place before we drive on down to Conneticut!!! Although, I am not excited for the fattening food that is to come, I am pleased that I have tried my best to stick to a healthier diet during the week.

This past week, I found a great recipe by Giada De Laurentis! I half like her and half despise her. I feel like her head is unusually large, and for some reason, that bothers me. Not sure why, but it does.

But, at least I like her recipes and I'm so happy that most of them are really simple! This week I made Broiled Tilapia with Mustard Chive Sauce. Recipe follows:


---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fish:
Vegetable oil cooking spray
4 (5 to 6-ounce) tilapia fillets
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sauce:
1/4 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper


For the fish: Preheat a broiler. Spray a small baking sheet or glass baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside.
Drizzle the tilapia fillets on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the fillets in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and broil until cooked through and the flesh flakes easily with a fork, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
For the sauce: In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, agave nectar, and mustard until smooth. Whisk in the lemon juice and chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Transfer the tilapia to a serving platter and drizzle with the sauce.


---------------------------------------------------------------------



I was pleasantly surprised at how incredbly simple this recipe is. Seriously, you cannot go wrong and take less time to make such a delicious meal.

So I got this recipe when watching Giada's show on Food Network. She emphasized the fact that full fat greek yogurt for the sauce is important, but I unfortunately couldn't find any at Wegmans, so I just got the only thing they had (0% fat-boo). I'm not really sure if it was the lack of fat or if it was just the yogurt, but my sauce didn't come out very thick- in fact it was incredibly watery. I don't think it really ruined the other aspects of the sauce as it was delicious and was a delightful addition to the fish but I do recommend using full fat.
For the fish, I added some garlic powder when broiling (just because I love garlic) and it came out amazing! The fish itself is good enough to eat alone for a light meal, but adding the sweet and tart sauce really added some intense flavors but still kept it light! The lemon with the yogurt really balanced each other out while the mustard and the honey gave it some sweetness.
Again, great recipe.

I added some baked sweet potato fries (recipe to come) on the side as well as some steamed brown rice-I had such a great meal! Light and delicious, I will most definitely make this again!

Difficulty: Easy

Time: 10 minutes

Taste: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment