Friday, June 8, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

As I sit here at 10am stuffing my face with chocolate chip cookies, I can't help but to appreciate how easy it is to bake up some cookies from scratch. 

I actually have never made cookies before (I usually stick to cupcakes or regular cakes) and so I was a bit nervous! Especially because I promised my manager I was going to bring in cookies the next day- without even knowing how they would turn out!!!

I made some classic chocolate chip cookies (and threw in some walnuts, to make it fancier.. of course)

The recipe follows: (thank you allrecipes.com):

-------------------------------------------------------------
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
  3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so maybe I'm getting a kick out of chocolate these days or maybe I was just trying to use up my bag of chocolate chips, but either way, this simple cookie recipe turned out to be amazing!

I used light brown sugar (instead of dark) and made sure to NOT skip the step of dissolving my baking soda in the hot water (I have a feeling it made a huge difference). Even with the huge globs I used for each cookie, I made over 3 dozen!




It came out soft and chewy on the center while crispy on the edges. Perfect! The nuts gave it more of a little crunch and added surprise, and my coworkers (and boss) ended up loving them! They didn't believe it was my first time!

I can't wait to make cookies again, who knew it could be this easy, this yummy and would make SO MANY treats!



Give this simple recipe a try, and perhaps share them with some coworkers- you'll be a hit at the office!



Difficulty: Easy
Taste: 8.5
Time: 30 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment