Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Roasted Okra

Last week during my recovery, I couldn't help but torture myself and watch Top Chef all day on Bravo. It absolutely sucked.

Not only could I not readily access the delicious food they were making, even if I could, I wouldn't have been able to eat it thanks to my stitches! Boo!

As I watched one of the later episodes, Tiffany decided to cook an Okra dish, Michael hates okra due to it's sliminess. Personally, I think Michael is nuts.

Mmmmm Okra. How can anyone hate okra?! it's SO delicious!

Although I must agree that the slime might turn off people, the flavor and the texture of Okra is great and it is one of my most favorite vegetables!

A few months ago I made Emeril's Gumbo and the addition of Okra made it perfect- yummy slime! Last week, I thought I'd make a quick snack and roast some Okra and see what it did to the sliminess.. it did wonders.



Recipe follows:


--------------------------------------------------


1/2 lb okra

Olive Oil

Salt and pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 325F. Slice the okra in half and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, toss. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.

--------------------------------------------------


Yes. That's it. Maybe one of the shortest recipes I can give you. It's that simple.


If you're scared of the sliminiess of Okra, this is a great recipe as roasting it gets rid of some of it. Slightly crunchy with a smooth texture, it was a perfect snack during that long week of Top Chef episodes!


Want to try an easy Okra recipe out and you're not ready to jump into that Gumbo yet? Try this recipe out for a quick and unusual snack!



Taste: B+

Difficulty: Easy

Time: 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment