Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Whole wheat spaghetti with Spinach, Sun dried tomatoes and Feta cheese tossed with Garlic and Olive oil

So I bought a jar of sun dried tomatoes in olive oil a while back to make a chicken dish, but never got the chance to. I thought it was time to use things up in my pantry and explore new pasta dishes and hope to make a healthy meal out of it.

My pantry is always stocked with whole wheat pasta. I used to not like it in the past, but now I am so used to whole wheat pasta, that anything but tastes bad to me. The nuttiness and texture of the pasta is far different (and better) than the regular, and it makes me feel a little bit better stuffing myself with all these carbs!



I decided to make Whole wheat spaghetti with sundried tomatoes, feta cheese and spinach tossed in garlic and olive oil. The recipe follows:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1 pound of whole wheat spaghetti
3 tbl of olive oil
1 cup of chopped onions
7 cloves of minced garlic
7 slice sundried tomatoes (packed in olive oil)
2/3 cup of feta cheese
1 bunch of fresh spinach
red pepper flakes
shaved parmesean cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cook the pasta according to directions until pasta is al dente. Meanwhile, cook the onions and garlic in the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat for 3 minutes, then add red pepper flakes (to your liking). Keep over low heat while pasta cooks to ensure olive oil is enfused with the garlic. Add the sundried tomatoes and spinach and cook until spinach wilts. Remove from heat and add the cooked pasta and feta cheese and toss until coated/mixed. Top with parmesean cheese and serve warm.
-----------------------------------------------------------------


This recipe is so easy and so delicious. (Pictures coming soon) Simple and fast, I barely had to do any prepping and I got a great meal in return. It even tasted great after reheating it for lunch the next day! If you're craving for some (semi) guilt-free carbs, this recipe is simple and quick and healthy! What more could you ask for!

Pair with your favorite white wine and some candles for a nice date at home ;)
Difficulty: Medium
Time: 30 minutes
Taste meter: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment